Friday, January 30, 2009

About Time

I had a slightly surreal experience this morning. I have a clock that besides showing a digital readout on its face projects the time on to the ceiling. I just have to turn my head, look at the ceiling and see the time. I did that this morning and saw that it was 5:99. Hmmm. This somehow intrigued me though in my half awake state I wasn't exactly sure why. I even watched a few seconds wanting to see it turn 5:100. When I realized that there was something wrong I rolled all the way over and looked at the clock proper. It read 5:59. Looking back at the ceiling I confirmed that it definitely said 5:99. I then remembered that that second digit had taken to having a mind all its own, sometimes not even bothering to show up at all. So life settled back into its mostly understandable framework of reality. But even after I explained the mystery I still had a nagging little disappointment that I never got to see 5:100.

*Sigh*

Blue Avenger out


...

No comments:

Post a Comment